Wednesday 6 February 2019

Comeau Come On

I've been catching myself saying "come on" a lot at my television lately while watching the Dallas Stars play hockey. It's not a rarity for the boys in green to give up a two goal lead, develop nothing on a powerplay or get blown out.

Throughout the 2018-19 season, one player has caught my attention more than the others due to his play without the puck- Blake Comeau.

Comeau, signed on July 1, 2018, is a veteran from Saskatchewan (Jim Nill likes his Western Canadian boys). He's not going to grab your attention with Mitch Marner-esque toe drags or with blazing fast speed. But he will catch your attention for the amount of times he falls down in the span of a game.

I will be donating $1 to charity for every tumble/fall/spill/trip/plunge Blake Comeau takes in hockey games from today, February 6, 2019), until the end of the 2018-19 season. Reassessing how lucrative the number of falls are in the summer, hopefully taking this up to the end of Comeau's tenure with the Dallas Stars (estimated spring 2021).

Unfortunately, I do not live in Dallas, so these proceeds will not be going to a local charity. But they will benefit Inn from the Cold, which is a charity in Calgary that provides shelter to homeless children and their families.

To track Comeau's falls, I will be updating this site on a game-by-game basis. I will try to screen capture each fall and tag include it in my game wrap-ups. Feel free to join in and donate to your charity of choice.

If someone can think of a better hashtag than #ComeauComeOn, maybe we can switch it up.



No comments:

Post a Comment